At Old World New Style, we (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
Types of Information May Include:
- Name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, financial information, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- Your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our Website. Such as, information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys or forms that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Photographs, taken by you or by our delivery services, of furniture, products, and other items purchased from our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Device Information Collected using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log Files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web Beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We also may use the above technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See Your California Privacy Rights section below for information on how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
Additionally, the information we collect automatically may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We are the sole owner of the information collected on our Website. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information. We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you.
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
- Preferences you have shared with us, we will provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Subsidiaries and affiliates. Contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- Product and service providers, such as vendors, merchants, order fulfillment, freight, delivery, credit card clearance, credit reference, identity verification, authentication, fraud prevention, data analysis, website and technology tools and support, and customer support.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To promote our products and services. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, and with your consent.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California-resident users of certain websites to request certain information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browsers, which allows you to opt-out of tracking by websites and online services. We do not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT, please see www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track.
California Removal of Posted Information
If you are under eighteen years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with us, you have the right to request the removal of unwanted information that you publicly post on the Website. To request the removal of such information, please contact us. Upon receiving such a request, we will make sure that the information is not publicly available on the Website, but the information may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems and databases.
Visitors from Outside of the United States
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like reviews and message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via contact us page, or by mail using the details provided below:
Old World New Style
Privacy Compliance Officer
512 Northampton Street
Edwardsville, PA 18704